As wedding time approached, we realized that the humidity was high and highest in the month of July, something we forgot to consider. We panicked as we contemplated how we would look by the end of the day, our makeup streaking down our faces. Betsy had the prettiest wedding gown and her makeup palette was in shades of gold and pink.
Thankfully we hired a local makeup artist for this special occasion. That is when Michelle, our makeup “guru", took out a genie bottle from her makeup bag along with some other jars and bottles. She dipped her sponges, applicators and brushes into her potions and transformed our faces.
Betsy, my friend, looked absolutely stunning and beautiful. The most amazing part of all was despite the heat all six of us bridesmaids and Betsy looked fresh throughout that day. As for the rest of the guests, well, they didn’t have Michelle to help them look so good.
After the wedding was over, I looked in the mirror and could not believe what I saw - my face looked Awsome! It looked so good, not one thing was out of place. It was like I had just put my makeup on, but it had been several hours and some pretty heavy celebrating and dancing.
So what was in Michelle’s magic bag of tricks? I just had to find out….
I called Michelle a couple of days later and she introduced me to Urban Decay’s Primer potion. The one she used on us was the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Sin. This gave us that perfect golden champagne shimmer, not oily, just shimmery. Sin was all she used along with a little powder eyeshadow for definition and some a good eyeliner and some waterproof mascara. As for the rest of our faces, she used the some primer, a light mineral powder foundation, blush, lip stain topped with gloss.
Michelle's Makeup Tips:
- Apply primer to entire face. Michelle recommends the Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Brightening
- Use a good powder base mineral foundation, Michelle recommends Bare Escentuals bare Minerals foundation
- Apply the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Sin over entire eyelid up to brow, use a powder eyeshadow of your choice to add definition to your eyes.
- Use some eyeliner and waterproof mascara. Michelle recommends Urban Decay Ink for Eyes Cream Eyeliner and any waterproof mascara of your choice.
- Use a powder blush in a soft pink or peach color
- Apply some lip stain for staying power and a gloss of your choice. For a great lip stain Michelle recommends Benefit Cosmetics Benetint
- The final touch that makes that keeps that healthy glow going all day - spray some Make Up Forever Mist all over your face and voila you're done!
Urban Decay Primer Potion Sin Review
Bookmark & Share